This condition is largely unknown to the general public. Yet it concerns five million people in France
What are the symptoms of lactose intolerance?
For people with lactose intolerance, milk digestion becomes problematic when lactose reaches the small intestine. There, instead of being divided into two separate molecules, the lactose remains stationary and reaches the colon intact … At this time, approximately 1h30 to 2h after absorption, that digestion problems manifest.
- First bloating, a feeling of indigestion, gas.
- Then abdominal pain.
- Finally, a few hours later, it is that triggers diarrhea.
What causes these symptoms?
Millions of bacteria live in our colon. They complete the digestion process by feeding on what has not yet been assimilated by our body. When they absorb and digest lactose, there are three consequences:
- Creation gas, triggering bloating.
- Secretion of volatile fatty acids which irritate the intestine, causing abdominal pain.
- Arrival osmosis water, which liquefies the stool, causing diarrhea.
An estimated 500,000 the number of people living in France but 80% to 90% are not diagnosed
What is Gluten?
Gluten is a mixture of proteins contained in some cereals.
It consists mainly of two protein sub-groups:
- glutenins: not toxic to celiac sufferers
- prolamines: toxic to gluten intolerance
These prolamins are called gliadins in wheat, secalins of rye, hordein in barley and avénines for oats.
Gluten, the Latin word glue sticks, gives elastic and soft texture of breads and pastries. It also allows many ingredients bind together.
That is why it is always so easy to use a gluten free flour and the result will always be different.
What are the symptoms of gluten intolerance?
Intolerance is difficult to diagnose. Depending on the individual, the symptoms can be very different and of different intensity depending on degree of intolerance. Some may have only a symptom of other cumulate or have none.
In addition, symptoms are relatively simple, the doctor will think often of other ailments before turning to gluten.
- Gastrointestinal (diarrhea, bloating, intestinal pain, nausea, …)
- Anemia, deficiencies, weight loss
- Itching, mouth ulcers
- Less easy to relate events with gluten intolerance:
- Great fatigue, drowsiness, difficulty concentrating
- Joint and bone pain
- With migraine headaches, mood swings
For all these reasons, Addict Sport Nutrition decided to make a product for the majority of sporting and non-sporting digestive intolerance. A paste made up in two proteins (whey lactose, egg), a carbohydrate source with low GI (waxy maize called waximaize) and as a source of natural sweetener stevia
Add 2 scoops (50g) to 100-150ml of milk or water and whisk. Preheat the frying pan and add a small amount oil / fat for optimum results. Place the pancake mixture on the pan making sure to spread it so uniform. Cook about 2 minutes each side or wait for a golden result. Storage: in a cool, dry place to eat soon after opening.
- Chocolate Fudge
- Creamy Vanilla
- Cookie N’Cream